It is with great sadness that we share the news that Derson passed away in his sleep April 2, 2017. Even though he was receiving excellent care and being provided with the extra nutrition that the doctors suggested, Derson's frail body just couldn't hang on any longer. He has joined his Creator and Savior in heaven and now rejoices in being in the presence of the Lord. While we miss him here at Notre Maison, we know where he is and the joy that he is now experiencing.
People interested in sponsoring a child at Notre Maison/St. Joe's have two options. One is to fully sponsor a child at $120/month. The other is to partially sponsor a child at $60/month. If the partial sponsorship option is chosen, you and another person/family will support the child, and each sponsor will receive pictures and updates twice a year. Sponsorship covers the costs of food, closthing, shelter, and medical care.
What you can expect if you sponsor a child:
--You will receive updates on your child twice a year (Fall and Spring)
--Your update will include a recent photo and a written update about your child's activities, interests, and progress in school
The Haitian government recently changed minimum wage laws which require that workers receive an increase in their salary. In order to meet the requirement of that new law, Notre Maison/St. Joe's has had to increase the sponsorship cost. If you currently sponsor a child under the old $40/month costs, you are more than welcome to keep that sponsorship level. However, if you are interested in increasing your sponsorship level to $60/month, please contact Marg Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click heresponsored_children_may_2017.pdf to see the children to sponsor.
Click here to download a sponsorship form and mail your sponsorship support in
Click here to set up your sponsorship via online payment through First United Methodist Church, Kearney, MO. Once on the church website, follow these steps to set up your sponsorship:
1. Hover the cursor over "About Us."
2. Select "Online Giving" from the drop down menu.
3. Set up a Login Page. You will receive an email with a link that will allow you to complete your setup.
4. Choose "Schedule Giving." Decide whether you want to give from a bank account or from a credit card.
5. Click on the "Where to Give" tab.
6. Select "Notre Maison."
7. Add the amount you want to donate and either your bank or credit card information.
Right now, we do not have a way to specify which child you would like to sponsor if you choose to send your money electronically. We are working on that! For now, if you choose to send your sponsorship money electronically and want to sponsor a particular child, please email Debbie Buzard with your name and the child's name. Her email is email@example.com.
Click on the pictures to learn more about some of the projects going on at Notre Maison/St. Joe's.
Life at Notre Maison
We often have questions about sending gifts to the children of Notre Maison/St. Joe's. In order to make sure that gift giving is equitable, we ask that you follow the following guidelines:
1. You can send a card for your sponsored child by mailing it to Notre Maison, C/O First United Methodist Church of Kearney, 1000 E. St. Hwy 92, Kearney, MO, 64060. Cards will be delivered to the children whenever a council member travels to Haiti, about 4-5 times each year.
2. Presents should not be sent for a particular child. We suggest making a donation, mark "gifts" in the donation box, and the money collected will be used to provide a party for all the children of Notre Maison/St. Joe's. Major celebrations in Haiti include the following dates:
--Carnivale = varies, depending on when Lent begins
--Easter = varies, but typically in March/April
--Flag Day = May 19
--Mother's Day = middle of May
--Christmas = December 25